SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparklebread

Brass door levers- can they stay?

sparklebread
11 years ago

We are nearing the finish line of our second floor renovation of our 25+ years home. Yahoo!! The previous putty colored woodwork is now painted white and the carpet has been replaced with hardwood. All light switches and outlets have been changed from tan to white and we updated the ceiling fixtures. The bathrooms were gutted. Selected nickel or chrome fixtures in the bathrooms. It looks and feels so bright and fresh. I thought we had covered pretty much everything, but maybe not. ID was here to discuss window treatments and kindly reminded me to change door hinges and levers to polished nickel or chrome. All door levers and hinges in the entire house are quality shiny brass.

I need to stay cohesive correct? Much of the first floor woodwork and French doors are stained and I am not changing that. I am not sure I like the look of the chrome or nickel on the stained wood, but maybe this is something I will just get used to? Do I really need to make this change? We put quite a bit of effort into this project, I certainly do not want to sabotage it by not changing out the brass if I need to.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated, as usual! Thanks!

Comments (16)