SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4boys_gw

Side chair drama..help pls :)

momto4boys
14 years ago

I posted last wk about two pretty ugly chairs at a flea market I thought about getting, and re-covering. They didn't work.

We took out all the red we had in this room, threw in some other colors and as much as I loved it at first. It's about to put me to sleep. It needs some "pop" (ew, I said that word that drives me nuts)

So, I've been loving the zebra print right now. Why? Because I have no clue on how to decorate outside of seeing things in a magazine, or on line..and copying it. And I see zebra everywhere, and I'm totally drawn to it!

Anyways, my budget is small. Like $200? I just don't want to spend a ton on something that I'll tire of in a year. I'm sure next year if pink monkeys are in, I'll be all over that as well :)

So, the couch is dark green. Curtains are these white things now that are a temp job, until I find something I love. Rug can go. Coffee table is a flea market find that I love!

I went to a store today that deals with "oops" items. She said once in awhile, they'll get chairs. And she'd call. Well, they got a truck in right after and she emailed me this chair. I love it!

It's not black and white, but brown and white. But, my mother is saying I can't do brown upholestery because my kitchen cabinets are going to be black.(open to the living room) Huh??? I'm confused. I could do brown leather..but, not fabric?? Kitchen chairs are also black. All other side tables and stuff also going to be replaced. Dh is building built ins behind couch.

Sooo, what's the rule? And does this chair just suck all the way around, and I need to move on?

Thanks!

Comments (34)