SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brachl_gw

3rd sink in breakfast room?

brachl
16 years ago

We are close to finalizing our kitchen plan (which I will post soon, I hope), and I have turned my attention to our breakfast room, which is connected to the kitchen and family room.

My current kitchen design calls for a prep sink in our island and a double sink on one wall. My KD has suggested we consider putting a 3rd sink in our breakfast room, where we eat almost all our meals. The sink would go in the breakfast/wet bar. We entertain a lot (and the family room with the big screen tv is also connected to this space), and she thinks we would find it useful for meals and entertaining. We do everything from a New Year's party for 80-100 to 10-20 people to watch the ACC tournament. Our prep sink is on the far side of the island (i.e, away from the breakfast room), in part to give us a large space for buffets. I just wonder if it makes sense to have a third sink in a space that is not that large. Also, it would be expensive to do, as there is no plumbing there now, and I'm wondering if it would be worth it. Any advice?

Comments (7)