SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Pizza ovens

10 years ago

It is no secret that I really don't care for pizza. I actually like everything except the red sauce. Well, and cheese, I'm not crazy for cheese, but I eat a little bit. Oh, and no pepperoni or olives and the vegetables need to be completely cooked and....well.....you see my point.

That didn't stop Elery, who loves pizza, from getting himself a pizza oven that fits on top of his gas grill. Since we sold his house and moved here, all of his toys came along, including his gas grill/outdoor stove/kitchen. When he found that the company made a pizza oven that fit on top, he just couldn't help himself.....

And so, I made pizza crust. Spread out onto his peel, topped with slices of Great White and Mortgage Lifter tomatoes, some saut�ed onions, mushrooms and peppers, fresh basil from the herb garden and topped with just a tiny bit of cheese. No meat.

We made two, he put more cheese on his, and some sausage, as two small-ish pizzas fit in the oven at once. There's a learning curve to not burning them yet getting the crust done, and fortunately (for me, at least), he cooked his first. It got a bit "crunchy" on the bottom, LOL. Not charred, but a bit longer than necessary.

The temperature gauge on the top said 700 degrees, so I was a bit apprehensive when he put mine in, but it came out perfectly:

Even the bottom was just right:

And just because I'm such a nice person, I shared my uncharred pizza with Elery. I ate a slice and left all the rest to him, and he was happily eating leftovers this evening.

Annie

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz