SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon01_gw

personal hygene time

Shannon01
17 years ago

My dd is 9.5. She, is like many of her friends, have hairy legs. She has made a few comments when wearing skirts this last summer about her legs being hairy. No big deal. I told her when the time was right to shave, she could.

Well, last night I noticed she had a few long, dark hairs under her arms. Luckily it is winter so no one will see. My question is this...

When do girls start to shave? I would not say she is overly developed at all. Very on schedule for a girl. My mom never discussed anything, I mean anything with me. I think I used scissors when I was in 6th grade. I avoided wearing short sleeves. I think when I was in 9th grade and got job at McDonalds I bought razors without her knowing. Again, she saw the stuff in bathroom but never asked. She never provided deoderant until the school sent list home with PE items that were needed.

I do not want my dd to experience this horrible upbringing. But because of my lack of experience, I do not know when the time is right.

The boys at school have not commented on any girls legs. But they may comment on the underarms when they play basketball next year, or maybe in winter on a sunny day.

I really need advise on this one. Lets not even go to the bikini line thing yet. That is another issue I fear like the plague. Annoniminity on this site really makes dealing with such things so much easier. I do have a girlfriend I could ask but I would like some other opinions too.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors