SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosepetal2

sprained ankle

rosepetal2
14 years ago

last Thurs I sprained my ankle after I'd finished decorating for my step-daughter's wedding reception. (I thought I was on the last step of the staircase going onto the floor when in fact there was 1 more step) I landed on the side of my right ankle and went down. It swelled up right away, the reception lady got a bag of ice for me and I had it elevated for about 45 min. By then it was time for rehearsal at the church so we went to that, got an elastic wrap on the way back to the hotel where the rehearsal dinner was held. No rest/elevation/ice that evening or the next day for the wedding and evening meal. I finally got to relax on Sat afternoon. On Sun I went for x-rays to make sure it wasn't cracked. They said just a bad sprain. It's been hurting so much that I went back to the Dr today and he said it will be a long recovery..........not what I wanted to hear!! I'm off work for a while (I work 3 days a week at a large garden center in the gift dept and at the registers and we can only sit down for our 1 15 min am break and 30 min lunch)

Does anyone who has had a sprained ankle have any tips? The Dr said to start taking short walks on level ground wearing good walking shoes. I did that this afternoon but the top of my foot is very bruised/swollen and the bone on the side is swollen and rubs on my shoes so it wasn't very comfortable. I wore crocks into his office and he said although they are comfortable they are not supportative.

Any tips appreciated

I HAVE been self medicating with Cadbury chocolate and that does help!!! LOL

Diane

Comments (8)