SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chilloway

at witts end

chilloway
20 years ago

I don't know if this is a forum I should be using but if I don't write something, I'll go beserk. My beautiful, hard working, intelligent (or so I thought)daughter married a man 3 years ago. He spoke all the right words and was smooth as silk. We were really taken in. He comes from $ and works in his fathers company. Right away he showed signs of being a party boy. We thought he just didn't want to grow up. Never did anything around the house and came home at 7am. Daughter tried to straighten him out but didn't make much progress so she just did everything herself. To make a long story short, after my granddaughter was born he got involved with cocaine. 10 months later, daughter finds out that he went through $15,000 and has been lying and stealing from their account. Problem is that she will stay as long as he straightens out and goes for help. I agree except that it's only been 1 week and already he wants to see his old friends, etc. He will never change his playing attitude toward life. This involves us since we watch the baby while my daughter works. It was only supposed to be for 1 year so that they could save enough for her to stop working. But that went up someones nose. I know my daughter has her head in the sand and doesn't want to argue or face reality. I cna't say too much because although we have a very close relationship - I am afraid she'll turn away. And besides, it really isn't my decision. I just can't stand the thought that I was lucky enough to keep our family away from this kind of stuff and she saw my husband always put his family first and yet she ends up living like this. All the trimmings but not happy and a bull artist for a husband. Should I shut up and get an ulcer? I don't think I can hide my growing animosity. Sorry this is so long but I am at witts end. Thanks for listening. Debbie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County