SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lbelle_gw

sad sweet sixteen

lbelle
16 years ago

I feel so bad for my daughter. She turned sixteen a couple of weeks ago and nothing has seemed to go well. She was supposed to plan a party and then school work and activities that week got her bogged down with no time to deal with plans or invitations. Then, she was to get her driver's permit on her birthday, but the school didn't have the form she needed done . The party(someone else's) she was to go to that night seemed "too scary", so she didn't go.(that was a good thing, but still, who wants to spend your 16th on a friday night with your folks).

Then, she finally gets her act together to decide what type of party and when and handed out invitations to her 10 "good friends" for a sleepover. Well, granted, it was short notice, but my complaint and her tears are for 5 girls just not showing up. No phone call that am or the day before. She called them when they weren't showing up, and got lame excuses. I think it's just that this generation just doesn't know how to ask(or tell) their parents about their plans. And, also , they really have no idea what an RSVP really means.

Lesson learned.

Comments (3)

Sponsored