SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberley_gw

Urgent Question for those with IKEA kitchen!

amberley
14 years ago

I am going to buy my cabinet boxes tonight, and I just made a (seemingly( minor design change. Please tell me if this will work the way I want it to. I plan to get several 12" wide base cabs and stack them on top of each other for a tall pantry/storage stack. What I would like to do ideally, is have doors with rollouts (regular drawer fronts don't come in 12", only in 15"). It looks like there are 12" drawers in the 12" tall pullout that most people use for trash? My question is this. Will I be able to open the door at a 90 degree angle and still pull out the drawers, or does it need to open farther? I have a refrigerator panel flush to the right side, so it could swing out more than 90 if I had it open toward the fridge, but I want it to open the other way. Opening to the left could be problematic, as the wall comes out another 6-8" deeper than the cabinet. I do have enough room to do a 1" filler if necessary, on one side. Will this work?

BTW, IKEA is not far from me, so it wouldn't be a crisis to have to make another trip.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH