SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mygroovyhouse

Ideas for my master bedroom, Part II

mygroovyhouse
13 years ago

How it is now:

In summary, the other areas of my house are generally warm reds, yellows, greens, tans, and creams. I tend toward a comfy, uncluttered, cottage type look. I'm wanting a more serene, relaxing space for the master bedroom.

I got lots of great ideas when I last posted.

I found this picture:

It is almost exactly my layout, and I like a lot about the look.

I like this one, too, except for all the flowers. I don't care for bedspreads that look like they need to be watered. It is also the same layout of my guest bedroom.

It's like there an identical house out there, but tastefully decorated. Like my bizarro house.

Anyway, not crazy about the particular shade of blue or the mirror over the bed, but like everything else. And it needs another nightstand.

I like the red, blue, and tan bedspread. I plan to attempt to paint the doors white, but if that doesn't go well, I'll replace them. The carpet will be a neutral. The iron bed from upstairs will replace the wood bed, and I will add two chest-type nightstands with drawers (!) and scootch the bed over. I even have an assortment of ancient chemistry labware that I can borrow from, if needed. The chair with the upholstery issues will be recovered, and the dresser and trunk will stay.

So, any suggestions for the trim (please don't say crown molding), paint for everything (exact color will, of course, be chosen after the fabrics are selected), window treatments, wall hanging locations, knicknacks, and anything else it needs to achieve this look, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)