SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help touching up Regal Matte, 2 different problems, please?

2ajsmama
14 years ago

I skimmed out one wall that was really bowed so that the baseboard would lie flat, feathered the mud and sanded edges. Primed with BM Superhide. Then painted with 3/8" nap roller Regal matte Navajo White, tried to work wet edge but feather into existing paint about knee-high, well above mudded/primed area. Now the edge looks lighter, new paint below looks darker on angle. Not sure if this is "flashing" (my BM Muresco ceiling white flashes - looks lighter from any angle - when touched up). But how do I get rid of it? I hate to paint the entire wall (8ft ceiling and *don't* want to get this on ceiling b/c I can't touch *that* paint up!).

The paint I'm using is leftover from original paint job July 2007. Is that the problem? I've touched up other small area before with a roller and the worst I've gotten is a lighter patch - but not this weird almost tacky-sticky looking edge. Is it my feathering technique?

I've also go spots over my kitchen cabinets where I skimmed, sanded, primed and painted (same paint). After 1 coat, 1 quick touchup 2 hours (Tuesday) later to get primed edges I missed (rolled 3 separate patches instead of 1 large area), and then another whole-area (app 10" x 5ft) roll 2 days later (Thurs), I still have these dull spots within the shiny (new paint) area when I look from distance at angle with light behind. But up close it looks different from the lower wall I rolled - like glitter in the paint - same as it looked 2 days ago. I thought the final coat would take care of that. Not sure if something's coming through there? I did try to vacuum, where I couldn't reach I wiped down with Swiffer dust cloth.

Thanks.

Comments (6)