SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newflhomeowner

Comparing these paint quotes

NewFLHomeowner
9 years ago

We just bought a house and we're comparing paint quotes. I received these two quotes that have a spread of $2,000. Both told me they charge more than the typical painter, and both told me they pay the workers well, and both use Sherwin-Williams. So what is the difference between these two quotes?

Quote #1:
� PAINT INTERIOR EXCLUDES WALLPAPER BATH, AND WALLPAPERED LAUNDRY ROOM
� Patch any holes and cracks as needed prior to painting
� Prime all walls as needed prior to painting
� Caulk interior side of all windows prior to painting
� Apply Sherwin Williams Promar 200 Eggshell Finish to bathroom ceilings and walls due to moisture in those areas
� Interior of closets will be painted using Master Hide Flat White
� Apply Sherwin Williams Promar 200 Flat or Eggshell Finish to all walls (flat is recommended do to ease of touch-up maintenance)
� Caulk, putty, and sand all doors, casings, existing crown mouldings, and baseboards as needed prior to painting
� Doors, casings, existing crown mouldings, and baseboards will be painted using Sherwin Williams ProClassic Semi-Gloss or Gloss Finish
� Apply Sherwin Williams Master Hide Extra White Flat Finish to all ceilings

� WALLPAPER REMOVAL BATHROOM AND LAUNDRY ROOM
� Remove all wallpaper from bathroom and laudry room area prior to painting
� Skim coat and sand all walls where wallpaper was removed to make ready for paint
� Patch any holes and cracks in walls as needed prior to painting
� Apply Oil Primer to areas where wallpaper was removed
� Apply Sherwin Williams Promar 200 Flat or Eggshell Finish to all walls (flat is - recommended do to ease of touch-up maintenance)

Quote #2:
This estimate is to patch sand and repaint the interior walls, trim and doors. Walls will be low sheen latex, trim and doors will be semi gloss. All rooms are included. Any holes and cracks will be patched and filled as needed. This estimate includes up to 2 coats on surfaces. Wallpaper will be removed in laundry room and 1 bathroom and walls will be cleaned and prepped before paint. Garage walls trim and door are included. � Repaint ceilings throughout with 1 coat of flat latex white.

Comments (19)