SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dottiet_gw

Apron sink set back into counter?Pics anyone?

dottiet
14 years ago

My first post! I am considering setting my apron sink back into the counter 2" from the face of the cabinets to the sides of sink. All the pictures of sinks I've seen have the front of the apron extending beyond the cabinet, and some have the whole sink base extended out too. My problem is that the sink I'm in love with (Whitehaus Quatro Alcove with a drainboard on the side) is only 20" deep.Its 36" wide. If I set it flush with the cabinets, that will mean a six inch area at the back of the sink- taking into account the countertop. I want a wall mount faucet. I would have to get a faucet with a huge long spout to make it to the center of the sink. I'm not wild about the idea to add a bumped out ledge at the back of the sink to mount the faucet on.The faucet I've found goes 12" from wall to water discharge. So... Has anyone seen or have an apron sink recessed into the counter area rather than bumped out? Can you see any problems with this? If you have one like this, does it function O.K.? Do you have any pictures of what it looks like? Thanks for your input. Love this site.

Comments (5)