SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

August Osage, the movie

OklaMoni
10 years ago

Ling asked me to see it with her, as she watches all Oscar nominated movies. Prior, I thought I would not want to watch because of the discussion here.

Well, I just wasn't prepared to see so much countryside that I have bicycled through so often.

I lived 45 miles west of Pawhuska, which is the area (Pawhuska, small town in Osage county) the movie was filmed in.

Of course, I recognized a lot of the town areas....

Now, about the movie. I feel like the ladies did a GREAT job in their roles, but I really didn't feel entertained.

I prefer to be entertained when I go to watch a movie, rather than see a family drama being played out.

Moni

Comments (6)

• Georgysmom
    10 years ago

I came out of it feeling like my family was straight out of Norman Rockwell's images! I'm not a shoot it up kind of person but if you're looking for entertainment, Three Days to Kill and Non-Stop (particularly Non-Stop) were very entertaining. My movie group enjoyed both. Also, Saving Mr. Banks.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    10 years ago

I knew what it was all about, but went to see it for the performances. It is based on a play and it has that feel to it.

That's cool that you knew that area, Moni!

I'm glad I was warned before I saw it, but glad that I did see it.

• momrox4
    10 years ago

I really enjoyed it because of the acting; in fact, I will buy the dvd when it is released. Any movie with Meryl in it is worth seeing imho.

• jemdandy
    10 years ago

Oklamoni:

You speak of the area where my mother once lived when she was a little girl. My mother's family arrived to the Osage country about 1908. Pawhuska was one the towns in her area. Mother attended her first school year at Gray Horse school. Her older brother also attended that school, and I have a story of him saving himself from a long horn bull while walked home from school one weekend. He was saved by an Native American burial house.

Mother had Native Americans for class mates.

• Adella Bedella
    10 years ago

Meryl Streep movies depress me. I didn't like Bridges of Madison County either. I'd like to see the August in Osage County movie for the scenery.

Finally got around to seeing the The Outsiders. Quite a bit of familiar scenery in there also although some of the big landmarks are now gone.

• suzieque
    10 years ago

I'll see anything and everything with Meryl Streep in it. She nails any role she plays in my opinion. That's a true actor - one that is able to play many different roles believably. She's certainly not typecast!

I haven't seen this one yet but plan to rent it On Demand.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES