SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

Concord Ivory (BM)

mommyto4boys
16 years ago

I may get out to the new home too late to get some good pictures. Everyone helped me so much about relaxing with my color choices. I wanted to share what we have at this point. Our great room is fairly large and very open between the family room and kitchen. They are defined by tray ceiling and flooring. The "kitchen" area is painted now in concord ivory and I really like it. It is a deeper, darker yellow/gold/mustard. We will have cherry cabinets and brazillian cherry floor and I think it will look stunning:) The formal dining room can really be seen from this area too, as it opens up to the room with an arched opening. We did use moroccan red (BM) in there and I like it a lot. The colors seem to compliment each other well. The dining room ceiling we did a mustard yellow and it is a little too light and bright from my inspiration/vision. I think we will redo after we get moved if it still bothers us. We just don't have the time and it isn't that bad.

We are having a real tough time deciding on the family room area. We bought (BM) cornsilk for this area. our idea was to be in the same "color family," but not as bold as the kithen area. Now looking at a sample area it looks too yellow and bright. I was thinking of going and having them mix me the cocord ivory at 50% and 75%. What do you think? Would you just try to go lighter or try a different color?

A visitor to the home yesterday thinks I should do something different more in the taupe/tans yet with a golden undertone. I'm concerned about having two totally different "neutrals" My decorating will be based around the golds/yellows/red/some green. I was thinking the golds/yellows were like my canvas and not tans/beige/etc. Does that make sense? Oh, we did go with a sage green in the master.

I would love your ideas and suggestions on pulling these rooms together with paint! Thank you!

Comments (6)