SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
r0se_gw

Need a kitty fur friendly duvet that fits a specific decor!

r0se
13 years ago

I am hoping for a little direction here, if there are any other websites anyone knows of that might be a little more specific to this type of problem it would be most welcome.

We built a new home. Didn't pick out new bedding beforehand, but knew we wanted to do a master suite with an island/tropical style theme. So we painted the walls this gorgeous shade of teal. The floors are laminate and have the look of bleached driftwood. Trim & baseboard are white, as well as the ceiling (required by code where I live I think to have that ugly white spackle on the ceilings).

We have some black & white original artwork to hang on the walls once we get everything sorted.

Bed is a white 4 post bed from Ikea (Edlund I believe).

SO! My problem is:

We have a very furry black & white cat. No matter what color the bedding is, you can see the fur she sheds on EVERYTHING. Otherwise, I would have probably just gone with a nice white set. We have a king size duvet on a queen bed.

For the life of me I cannot find a duvet cover that doesn't absorb all the cat hair in the room, but also matches the room.

It also, absolutely MUST, be washer/dryer safe. I won't even buy something if it says "dry clean only".

Training the cat to not go on the bed isn't an option. She is 5 years old and has slept on me since she was a kitten, and that's the way it is going to stay. Shaving off her fur is also not acceptable.

I have scoured every store that sells bedding -in my area that is-, various websites (including overstock.ca) and I cannot find something that works with the room. Maybe there is a color that would look good that I haven't thought of yet?

Does anyone have some input/shared a similar experience? We will also be putting curtains (or drapes) around the bed, and probably some sort of rug underneath. I can post pictures if that helps. I just don't know what to do anymore, I have spent a year trying to find something that works and coming up empty.

Would prefer something that ships to Canada, but have an American address I could use if I got desperate.

Comments (9)