SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyndielu2007

Helping grown son

lyndielu2007
16 years ago

My son, age 25, married, has a good job, 2 step-sons, very responsible, kind... My husband (his stepfather for the past 16 yrs), and I have helped my son, for instance he was laid off so we helped him make his mortgage payments. He just got back to work but got into a car accident. He's ok but his truck is no longer driveable. He was cut off and hit another vehicle. I feel so badly for him.

How much is too much when helping grown children out? He doesn't ask for anything unless he absolutely needs to, he knows I'm always here for him. I just feel so badly as he tries so hard. I feel like helping him get another vehicle... I'm helping to fight the ticket as it wasn't his fault even though he hit a car but it was due to the actions of another vehicle. I'm helping as in calling the place/helping pay...He's done so well, just makes me want to help as much as I can.

He's had his share of hard knocks due to my instability in my young years up til age 8 and a so n so for a biofather. Pretty good after that but rough first years.. Am I trying to make those yrs up or am I just plain and simple, wanting to help a good son out?

Comments (13)

Sponsored