SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
n2bach1

OK, I'm ready to paint trim

n2bach1
16 years ago

Exactly how should I go about painting trim, woodworking, etc. It's already white, and I have no idea what was used on it. Should I just start sanding and select a white latex that appears to "match"? And exactly how much should I sand,and with what type of sandpaper? Fine? And about the doors.....no short cuts, right? I should probably remove them and use some kind of contraption ( i. e. saw horse) to lay them out?

And are 2 coats most likely needed? And what about priming since they are already white and i basically want to duplicate what's on them now. Just freshen since they have not been painted for quite a while.

I'm enjoying this painint and my husband is quite surprised at how meticulous I'm being. It really gives me a sense of accomplishment, plus it looks great! (so far, that is!)

Thanks for your expert advice. I've greatly enjoyed reading many posts on this forum as well as others. It's an excellent site because so many nice folks like you are willing to share with folks like me!!!!

n2bach

Comment (1)