SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
obxgina

Apple Pie

obxgina
15 years ago

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful Fall weekend, although here in Eastern NC it's more like Summer still! The temps are supposed to hit near 90 the rest of the week! Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends and welcome to all of the newcomers. You won't find a better forum to hang out in! Here is my dilema! On October 25th our neighborhood is having a block party. I have been asked to bring desserts. I'd like to make apple pie and vanilla sauce thinking that maybe it will be more Fall-like by then! The problem is I'm going to be out of town for most of the week prior to the pary and not getting home till about 2 hours before it's suppose to start. My question is, can I make the pie say on Tuesday, wrap it real good and then bake it Saturday or is that too long? Or, is it better to make it, freeze it and then bake it, Or make it, bake it and freeze it and then just reheat it? OR find something else to make that will keep better ...like cookies or brownies etc.? Any suggestions? TIA..Gina

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022