SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

A Picture Only I Could Love...Thoughts

stinky-gardener
13 years ago

I don't want to discuss the "rules" issue any further on OA's thread. She just wanted to share her poster with us! But I do want to share additional thoughts about it, so here's where I'll do that. Please add thoughts on the rules etc., to my thread, not hers!

I know that Allison meant no harm. In fact, she meant well; was trying to be helpful & share her own negative experience. I have no problem with Allison, what she was saying, or how she said it.

What bothers me, is how this person's entire thread became dedicated to the subject. There was no one person to "blame." I was guilty too, and added my own off the wall remarks, but decided that as long as I also remarked on the OP's post, that would be okay. But really, was it?

When I wanted to say more, I decided it was time to create another place to do that. Just couldn't stand to see one more comment about this subject on her page.

Do we need to be a little more mindful of the interests & needs of the OP at times? In this case, it seems she nearly got brushed off completely! Of course, a random thought here and there, with an apology for "hi-jacking" adds fun, keeps things natural, & we all need to feel like we can do that. Just don't want to take over someone's thread with a string of discussion totally unrelated to their original post. Having said that, I don't think anyone meant to do that. It just happened.

Imagine this probably happens innocently all the time in real life too...just something to watch out for. I will do *my* best. Just don't ever want anyone to feel left out or dismissed.

Comments (18)