SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matthew_001

Death, god, and Monsters

matthew_001
22 years ago

I recently obtained full custody of my 4 1/2 yr old son, he was spending time with his mother bonding before coming here to go to school. while with his mother he spent most weekends with his grandfather and step grandmother. As he was there sundays he was introduced to religion ( againt my knowledge and wishes) I was planning to have him take different religious studies at school at the right age so he could make an informed choice, this choice was taken away from him. He came back sputtering phrases like " god mad everything" and "Jesus was a good person" This does not go with my own belief, but I can deal with that, worse is that he get very upset that Jesus has died and was crying in the street for ten min today with his stepmom over this fact. He was taught in a form of brainwashing, in that I mean he was taught in the form of a game show type game...

He was also told his sister had died at the age of 6, over 6 years ago, he does have the right to know this but at his age I think it is very unappropiate and has made him very sensative to death, bee's, birds on the side of the road etc....

He was also told by his grandmother that there monsters in the basement of thier house????

I have a strong feeling to tell him they were full of cow dung when they taught him all this, but know that it would be wrong to put him against his grandparent even though they have made things very hard for him emotionally and harder or more challenging for us as parents.

Two questions, have any of you delt with these issues, mainly religion, and how did you or would you deal with it???

and should he be allowed back to visit them?????

Matthew

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting