SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan4664

Instructions???? No, it's Customer Service

susan4664
16 years ago

O.K. so the other thread got a little crazy, but I experienced a lot of frustration with the DW mounting as well.

The granite guys did the granite and Sears installed the dishwasher. The dishwasher didn't get mounted and tipped forward everytime I slid out the top rack. I called the plumber and he said the granite guys were to drill into the granite (yikes!) and mount it to the top.

The granite guys said the plumber should have drilled into the cabinets (yikes!) and side-mounted it. Both options freaked me out so I just slid a cutting board snuggly into the small space between the top of the DW and the granite. Obviously we realized there was no way this was to be permanent. After spending all this money on a new kitchen we were not going to rig something like this.

I called the granite guy back and he sent someone out who side mounted the DW to the cabinets. PERFECT! Of course, it would have been better if one of those knuckleheads assumed responsibility to make sure it was done correctly to begin with, instead of pointing the finger at each other!

Comments (6)