Christmas Card 2002 #2

minnie_tx

I needed 3 more cards so tried this out since I ran out of the maroon mulberry.

I wasn't as happy with this. On the other card the lines of the stamping were very fine but this stamp, also by Stampin' Up, has a little fatter line. The mulberry really absorbed the embossing fluid on these. I thought it needed a little jazzing up so I dabbed the tree with my glue stick and then sprinkled on Fabric Arts Fine Gold Crystal Glitter. It is strange how the photo came out . The greens actually match each other but look brownish on the print.

Here is a link that might be useful:

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

The glitter is a nice touch. I felt the same way about a similar tree stamp on one of my holiday cards...too bland. Used some gree glitter and it perked it right up. Of course I always think you can't have enough sparkle ;-)! I used a lot of the glitter fabric paints and they worked great, as long as you don't put them on water-soluble dye ink, which cause the imprint to start bleeding.

Save    
calirose

I really like it! I've got to learn to do stamping!

Save    
Lia_SC

I like the glitter very much! I'm always kind of lazy about using it myself. I guess because I'm so messy. Last time I cleaned out my mouse, I even found a bit of glitter in it! LOL!
Oh, I've had that happen with colors in a scan, too.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Call: Show Us Your Original Holiday Card
Calling all designers! We want to see your original Christmas and Hanukkah card designs
Full Story
Fun Houzz Binge on the Design of ‘House of Cards’
Pull up a seat to Netflix’s addictive political drama for sets and fashions rife with intrigue
Full Story
Holidays 7 Ways to Shoot a Great Holiday Card Photo at Home
By Houzz
Make this year's holiday card stand out from the crowd with your home as the backdrop and these tips from the pros
Full Story
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More