SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_bochonko

SW Duration or Cashmere/ and what finish?

Kathy Bochonko
16 years ago

We are painting the 2 story family room and adjacent kitchen, halls and foyer. I have not finalized color choices 100% but am currently leaning towards painting the family room and foyer SW Ecru and the kitchen SW Harmonic Tan. (would love pictures of any rooms painted these colors) but the current question is which SW paint should I use? I have a very active 7 year old as well as pets so durability and clean-up are important, but not at the expense of visuals. So tell me about these two paints. If I do Duration paint in my kitchen can I get away with the flat finish? Is it as scrubbable as a satin finish in SW regular paint? The painter recommended using Cashmere low-lustre everywhere. Is this going to have too much sheen in my two story foyer and family room where I have large expanses of blank wall? I have also heard that Duration Satin has a flatter finish than most satin's so if I did Cashmere flat in the Ecru in the family room and foyer could I do my kitchen in the Duration Satin without it seeming a lot shinier than the other room? I am sticking with SW paint, but what is your favorite type?

Comments (2)