Card Idea #1

sue102

This was discussed a couple of weeks ago on another post so I thought I'd start this out. Hopefully, we'll get some interest and get this board moving a little bit.

So post a picture and/or instructions on how to make a favorite fall-related card.

Sue

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue102

Simple Card

This card can be made with a set of Halloween stamps or stickers OR a set of Autumn stamps or stickers.

Cut 4 rectangles (1.5" x 2.5") from cardstock. The colors should be seasonal such as black and orange. Stamp an image/sticker on each rectangle. Affix to the front of the card. Optional: Glue a length of ribbon to the middle of the card. Stamp a greeting on the inside and you've got a seasonal card that is simple and quick to finish!

Can't wait to see what everyone else has to share.
Sue

Save    
blizlady

I love this card. It is made with double sided scrapbook paper, and the leaves and pumpkin are stamps by Stampin' Up.
[img]http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/data/gallery/737/SC93_0002_by_Pabost.jpg[/img]

Save    
blizlady

Sorry. Let's see if I can make it a clickable link.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Save    
craftfetish

That's really cute. I like the way the paper is folded over to make a bit of a pocket.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

Save    
blizlady

Here is another simple card that I found

Save    
blizlady

The background of 3 shades of orange is a paint chip sample that you can get for free in any paint department. Leaves are die cuts or paper punches.

Save    
craftfetish

I love stealing paint chips for making cards and such!

I think I posted a scrapbook page I had made with a paper-pieced pumpkin a while back, but I recently made a card in the same style.

Not quite so neon in real life, but I think the purple background adds something. The pumpkin body is 4 lumpy ovals stacked up. Foam dots would be great for giving it some dimension. As I am uber-cheap, I used 6 small scrap strips of cardstock between the layers.

Green hearts for the leaves. You could use a punch or fold the paper in half and cut out a half heart the way we did in elementary school art class - the crease will just give dimension to the leaves. Mini-strips of green wrapped around a pen for the vines.

It may have benefitted from inking the edges or somehow distressing the paper (or using nicer paper to start) - but I think it is a pretty cute use for that giant tablet of cardstock that seemed like such a good idea when you bought it.

Save    
minnie_tx

Just got around to looking at all the neat cards!!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Binge on the Design of ‘House of Cards’
Pull up a seat to Netflix’s addictive political drama for sets and fashions rife with intrigue
Full Story
Holidays 7 Ways to Shoot a Great Holiday Card Photo at Home
By Houzz
Make this year's holiday card stand out from the crowd with your home as the backdrop and these tips from the pros
Full Story
Coffee With an Architect An Architect's Calling Cards
The next time you run into a tongue-tied architect hanging out solo in a corner, one of these handouts may help
Full Story
D.A. Home Improvement is highly recognized in the community and industry as a leader in home improvement since... Read More