Any quillers out there?

tioga

A few years ago I received a wedding invitation that was quilled; beautiful. I ordered quilling books and learned to do this wondeerful art which I use for greeting cards of all kinds. My friends love them and always say they're keepers and will be framed and displayed. Are there any other quillers in That Home Site?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maddy_2007

Hi,
Yes, my daughter and I are trying to get into quilling.
We are beginners to say the least. I think it is almost a lost art and it is so beautiful. Isn't it hard to send greeting cards? Don't you have to send them in a bubble envelope? We are hoping to get good at this art.
Maddy

Save    
tioga

Hi Maddy: So sorry I'm late getting back to you, but this is the first time I've been on this forum since I posted the quilling question, and we don't receive answers to our postings like we used to.

I usually go to the Kitchen Table. But to answer your question about mailing quilled cards, I take them to the Post Office and have them hand-cancelled. So far, they've reached their destinations without any problems.

Happy Quilling,

Tioga

Save    
TwoMonths

I quill also. My sister got me started. It is a lot of fun. We found some kits at the Dollar Tree that had pics we could follow also last year.

Re email from postings: you review the posting and there is a place to mark if you want to receive answers.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides 6 Wonderfully Easy Roses for Any Gardener
Look like an expert even if you're just starting out, with these low-maintenance gems of the rose world
Full Story
Gardening Guides Raised Beds Lift Any Garden
From good old-fashioned wood garden boxes to modern metal troughs, raised beds can make any landscape space look great
Full Story
Small Spaces How to Make Any Small Room Seem Bigger
Get more from a small space by fooling the eye, maximizing its use and taking advantage of space-saving furniture
Full Story
Our design services are tailored to your unique needs, timeline and budget. With your vision and our expertise,... Read More