Baby Announcement or Congratulations Card

Red_Confetti

I found the instructions and pattern for this cute card in Simply Super Paper by Sandra Lounsbury Foose. Here is a link to the book description on Amazon - Simply Super Paper on Amazon.

The little baby shirt is made of cardstock, and the two front flaps open to reveal whatever message or picture you choose to put inside. I put a picture of the newborn baby inside with the words "Welcome Jeremiah."

I glued the shirt to the front of green cardstock, folded into a card with a message of congratulations inside.

You could also use the little shirt by itself as the card, putting the verse inside - on each inside shirt front flap, as well as the center section.

There are lots of wonderful creative paper ideas in the book. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys papercrafting!

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

Well shucks! The link to the book on Amazon is below... sorry for the erroneous one above to Mother Earth News - LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Simply Super Paper at Amazon

Save    
Red_Confetti

Was just visiting one of my favorite template sites and there was the same template (Diaper Shirt Card) as I used to make the one above!

Even if you aren't interested in making the baby shirt card, the site is really worth taking a look if you haven't already - a wonderful site for card crafting ideas! Lots of templates...

Here is a link that might be useful: TEMPLATES BY DONOVAN

Save    
samsquares_yahoo_ca

Well I had my cards done through a website in Canada, and it worked out very well! They have nice original baby cards.

Here is the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Babycard

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours My Houzz: Welcoming Baby in an Eclectic Dallas Rambler
Setting up a sweet nursery is just the latest project in a home filled with art, DIY touches and a dream come true
Full Story
Kids’ Spaces 15 Tips for Small-Space Living With Baby
Keep your wee one's stuff under control and your nerves unfrazzled with these space-saving storage and baby-gear ideas
Full Story
Color Why My Son’s Room Will Be Red: An Expert Weighs In on Colors for Baby
Historical facts, trend recaps and enthusiastic support for painting your nursery any darn color you like
Full Story
We specialize in interior and exterior painting services. With 25 years of experience, we offer quality work for... Read More
We design and install residential landscapes, working closely with our clients to create outdoor living spaces of... Read More