SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Seeking Bed Sheet advice!

homey_bird
10 years ago

Hi,
I'm in the market for a set of bedsheets and summer blankets. This will be for our bed so I am interested in investing in a good quality bedding. We're (both DH and I) both long term users of everything, so we want a dependable quality.

I'm looking at Company Store Egyptian Cotton, Costco.com Charisma Egyptian cotton (not Kirkland), BedBath&Beyond Egyptian Cotton (Wamsutta) sets. I am open to considering others, even more expensive ones, if there is value in there.

Looked at Overstock.com ones, perhaps most price competitive, but reviews are all over the place. Although I've had a great experience buying there, I do not want to risk getting a lemon. I've bought several items there before and have been satisfied with the quality, however. Thus, if there is a specific set that's highly recommended, I'd love to take a look.

My specific questions:
1. Is Egyptian cotton really that much better or over-rated? Or is this purely personal preference?
(I've tried feeling egyptian cotton in stores and have never been overwhelmed, but things can change after washing. Besides, what feels one way to hand can feel different to the back.)

2. Between Percale & Sateen weaves, is there a difference in "feel"? What is the difference?

3. I know thread count only matters to a point. I'm setting my eyes on 500-650, may be 800 TC. Beyond that I'm not sure if it makes a difference. Any advice?

4. Any other recommendations on where to get best quality and value?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (19)