Dimensional Kite Card

Red_Confetti

Another card for my Mom. I made the kite form, printed it on cardstock, then cut it out. On a separate piece of light blue cardstock I printed the poem inside, along with the silhouette of boy and dog. (I put the poem's title and author on back of card.)

I added a tail with stars and the control string (crewel yarn) to the kite. Using a darning needle, I ran more control line from upper left inside of card down to boy's left hand, then to back of card and out through his right hand.

I glued quilt batting to front and inside to form clouds, placing them to cover the end points of the kite string, then glued down the kite itself.

The grass is just another piece of cardstock, clipped to look like grass.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

These are fantastic. I wish you'd submit them to some card contest or something!!

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ReaderPhil

Another great card! I wonder if you could (or even would want to) submit the designs to the various papercraft or crafting magazines? Might be a thought!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
The Art of Architecture Toys to Inspire Budding Architects and Designers
Frank Lloyd Wright’s blocks, cards by Eames and more toys from around the globe tap into kids’ imaginations and build skills
Full Story
Art At Home With Art: Suspended Sculptures Heighten the Possibilities
By Pangaea
Draw the eye in unexpected ways with 3D artwork hung from above
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Know Your House: Components of Efficient Walls
Learn about studs, rough openings and more in traditional platform-frame exterior walls
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More