Basket Made of Greeting Cards

Red_Confetti

This project may be a bit simplistic for most of you here at the Paper Arts forum, but for those of you who don't visit the Craft Exchange forum, here's a link to the instructions on how to made baskets from used greeting cards. Or try postcards instead! Links to pictures of finished basket and templates included.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Card basket from used cards

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

I totally have a thing for these baskets! Still kicking myself 5 years later for not buying one in a flea market...made with vintage cards, had another row of card pieces and had a hinged lid that matched the base. It was crocheted together instead of simple lacing.
Your instructions and photos are wonderful! I want to make these for holidays next year...what a great basket to put homemade gifts in!

thanks, Red!
Karen

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

Karen - You might also like the directions linked below. This if for a small lidded octagonal box, made of fabric fused to cardboard. (But of course you could use greeting cards or wrapping paper instead of fabric.) It is crocheted together.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pretty Treasure Box

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Halloween Fall DIY Project: Greet Trick-or-Treaters With a Dip-Dyed Basket
We found an easy trick to add a nice design touch to any storage basket just in time for Halloween visitors
Full Story
Houzz Call: Show Us Your Original Holiday Card
Calling all designers! We want to see your original Christmas and Hanukkah card designs
Full Story
Fall Gardening 6 Splendid Blue-Flowering Bulbs
How do you blue? With colors from sky to cobalt, these bulbs will greet you merrily in a spring garden
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Cellko is a full service remodeler in Northern Virginia. We approach each project, from kitchen remodeling to... Read More