Best crackle medium?

Lia_SC

I'm wondering what kind/brand is best? I have 2 or 3 in my paint box but haven't used them in a long time. As I recall, they weren't all that great. And I want something that works without paint so I can get a crackle finish over paper...

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosie_ga

It's been a while since I used this.......but a while back I saw some samples of a product called fragile crackle. Point being the cracks are small and "old" looking. The antique glaze over the cracks set it off.

Save    
gramcraft

Lia, I use Delta two step Fine Crackle Finish and it works great.

Save    
ArtsyCraftsy

I use the Delta as well. Brush it over, it cracks like china on the surface, then rub something in to the cracks to make them show.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Cabinets New This Week: 3 Kitchen Cabinet and Hardware Pairings to Try
Consider one of these pairings whether your cabinet color is light, medium or dark
Full Story
Kitchen Cabinets Kitchen Cabinet Color: Should You Paint or Stain?
Learn about durability, looks, cost and more for wooden cabinet finishes to make the right choice for your kitchen
Full Story
Bedrooms Houzz Quiz: What Color Should You Paint Your Bedroom Walls?
Cool and soothing, or warm and spicy? Answer these questions and learn what hue is right for you
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More