Paper batik

taunia1

I found this on a website & thought I'd share.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper batik

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lia_SC

I can't get in! It asks me to register first. Did you have to do that?
I have some info about paper batik in a book; I've been meaning to try it. It's a kind of unusual technique if I remember correctly.

Save    
taunia1

Lia, I emailed you the website on this. Let me know either way; if it went through or not. Hugs, Taunia.

Save    
ArtsyCraftsy

very pretty, those "batiked" switchplates!

Save    
Lia_SC

Thanks so much, Taunia! But how were you guys able to get in and I wasn't??? I'll go crazy until I can figure this out! Did you register there?

I like how they dyed the paper.

I've never been sure I could live with decorated switchplates more than a week or so; I'm more a vanilla fan when it comes to those things. LOL! But I'm sure I could find something to do with batik. I just love the look.

In fact, that reminds me of a Lampshade Project I remember from Carol Duvall's show. The pictures don't do it justice.

Save    
taunia1

Lia, I think I registered a long time ago. I just forgot. LOL! I sent you an email of it. Did you get it?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Art The Best Ways to Care for, Clean and Store Art
Keep your treasures on canvas and paper in top shape with this expert advice from two gallery directors
Full Story
Decorating Guides So Your Style Is: Tropical
Easygoing and natural with an exotic allure, rooms designed with a tropical feel exude warmth and graciousness
Full Story
Decorating Guides What Goes With Dark Walls?
Bring out the beauty of dark blue, charcoal and black walls with these decorative matchups
Full Story