Great Idea

rosie_ga

Ran across this on another forum.......grand idea.

It was from a lady named Leigh......

"Looking for fantastic cheap or free display shelves for your rubber

stamps? Many of you will have an old baby's crib in your attic or

garage. They are also sold cheaply at garages sales, salvation army

stores etc. Look for one with wooden slats for the sides. Remove the

hardware from the entire side piece, turn the side of the crib on

it's end, and viola! Beautiful stamp shelves! The slats make the

perfect depth shelf to display your wood mounted stamps."

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

That is a great idea. And if you can see them you're more inclined to use them. And the wood is already finished too. Thanks for sharing.

Save    
ArtsyCraftsy

that's a brilliant idea!

Save    
Lia_SC

Boy, I've been hanging onto my boys' crib and that is a great use for it. I'll bet you could even hang things on it... Now if I only had a craft room to put it in!

Save    
Tiger_SunnyFla

Well, dummy here...I'm not sure I "get" it??? LOL!!! Are you taking the sides off and hanging on a wall?? Guess I'll have to look closer at the next crib I see...I've never had kids...LOL!!! But I've been dying to find a way to get my stamps out of boxes and baskets so I can see what I have...LOL!
Tier

Save    
Lia_SC

Tiger, I think that's the idea. The slats would normally run vertical, but you would turn it so they're horizontal.
Guidelines were changed on cribs quite a few years ago-- the slats are not supposed to be wide apart enough for a baby's head to fit through, for safety's sake. So you might be able to find a crib at a yard sale that someone kept in the attic and can't sell as a usable crib. Although, I'm sure there are other crafty, furniture-type uses for them, too!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design How to Design a Great Garden on a Sloped Lot
Get a designer's tips for turning a hillside yard into the beautiful garden you’ve been dreaming of
Full Story
Kitchen Design 10 Great Ways to Use Kitchen Corners
What's your angle? Whether you want more storage, display space or room for hanging out in your kitchen, these ideas can help
Full Story
Organizing 20 Great Storage Spots for Summer Gear
From bulky surfboards to small sand toys, your summer stuff will all find a neat and accessible home with these ideas
Full Story