SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akcorcoran_gw

Hmmmm... Do Silgranit sink shapes need to match? And all location

akcorcoran
11 years ago

So, I'm becoming convinced that I should go with a Silgranit sink - not just b/c of the GardenWeb fans (shout out to breezygirl!) but also b/c of our lifestyle and usage (and kids!), as well as the fact that I have a SERIOUS metal on metal cringing factor.

But here's my dilemma.

I tend to like things with a little curve. The sink valence for our cabinets has a little arch so I was looking at the Blanco Diamond. That also leaves room for our little Insta/hot Cold on the right side. Great!

BUT, the prep sink cabinet (as many of you know) is 21" - which I fought hard for over a 17" cabinet! The issue is that from Blanco Silgranit, that only fits either the severely-angled Performa - or the Rondo. I wasn't necessarily obsessed with a round prep sink (rhome410 contributed to this thinking,) BUT it's the only thing with a curve that fits in and maximizes a 21" cabinet?

Should I not care if I have curves at sink (Diamond) and angles at prep sink (Performa?) Or go with the Rondo? I know it sounds crazy but I notice little things like this every day.

Is Blanco Silgranit the only way to go (from reading GW, I think the answer to that is yes...)

In a cruelly ironic twist, the 15 x 15 model has the same arch that I would like. It's not too late for me to move down the size of my cabinet but everyone has advised to go with the biggest prep sink that I can?

Second question applies to the bar sink - which is in a butler's pantry/wet bar adjacent to the kitchen. Of course, I also fought to get that to a 21" cabinet and now the shape that I like won't fit there. :( I don't really want a round bar sink in this context (it's under a window?) I could just forego the Silgranit there and get something totally different (e.g. copper or something) but it will get a lot of wine and beer poured in it at the end of a (fun!) evening.

Third - colors - do people get all the same color if two or three sinks?

Thanks!
Alexa

P.S. I guess I should add (though most of you know and it has been oft-discussed,) that this is going in the corner of an island.

This post was edited by akcorcoran on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 14:46

Comments (12)