SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
w0lley32

latex paint bubbling on patches

w0lley32
15 years ago

Hi! I am trying to paint my family room with Para Ultra Suede paint (a $50/gallon Canadian paint that I have used dozens of times without a problem). I washed/rinsed the walls before, and allowed enough time to dry, then I patched the walls with CGC brand joint compound (again I have used that same product dozens of times without a problem), sanded and dusted the whole walls using an old towel taped to the end of a broom.

I allowed 2 days for the joint compound to dry, then primed the repaired areas with BM "Quick dry prime/seal" #201, as I ahve always done in the past, and let it dry overnight. When I applied the Para paint, some bubbles formed on the repaired areas that vary in size from a tiny needlhead to 1/4" in diam. When I removed the bubbles, I found that it's the joint compound that caused the bubbles. I patched the bubbles, primed and tried to apply another coat, but whatever I do, more bubbles occur.

Could someone please tell me what I may have done wrong? I used a clean Purdy brush and roller cover. Thanks.

Comments (15)