SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sankaty_91

Need paint advice for laundry/furnace room

sankaty_91
16 years ago

My laundry room shares the space with my furnace and water heater. We've done a few additions to our home and everytime piping was needed, they ran the piping along the ceiling and not inside any walls. As a result, I have more pipes than I know what to do with and they cannot be boxed in. I need to live with them. The water pipes are there too. About 6 years ago, my painter at the time, painted regular latex over all these ugly pipes. Now it is peeling and looks worse. I am updating the room with a new laundry sink, cabinet, and utility cabinet. Also plan to put new flooring down which can handle the furnace guys when they have to work on the equipment.

I can't box in the furnace because there is not enough air circulation in the room.

I am going to paint the room (it is half cinder block and half sheetrock. The cabinets will be white. My appliances are white. I am picking out a laminate top for the white laundry sink. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with the piping along the ceiling? Also, what color to paint the room? Most of the paint colors in my home are in the Bleeker Beige family.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (5)