SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
femmelady_gw

Bonfire Menu Ideas?

femmelady
16 years ago

Hello everyone,

We're hosting a bonfire Friday afternoon (yes during the daylight) to celebrate the completion of a really large work project, so it will be about 12 or so co-workers. There was just not an evening that would work for everyone, although this could stretch into the evening for those who want to stay later. Current forecast is partly cloudy and upper 60's, so should be perfect weather.

So Friday is the 26th, which is also the full hunter's moon leading into Halloween. We have a very wooded back yard with a fire pit, so I'm good with the "setting".

I just need menu ideas. I actually had a Havest Moon bonfire, which was very fun, and I went totally casual, which I could do again. I did brats, which had been poached in a beer mixture and then fire roasted - very good. Plus hot dogs, fixings, potato salad, chips, s'mores, marshmallows, rice krispy treats, and a friend brought a hummus dip.

I could do the very same menu, but thought I'd see if you had additional ideas that are not too difficult to prepare (think Wednesday & Thursday nights and Friday morning prep time). I'm going to add popcorn balls for fun as a dessert alternate. Caramel Apples is another idea.

Just wondered if you would add to the "standard" fireside menu?

Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County