SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bsmith1_gw

Fridge against wall - what to do?

bsmith1
10 years ago

Hi folks! I will be replacing my fridge soon, and am trying to figure out how to do so. Here's a pic of my issue:

I have to keep the fridge pulled way out from the wall, otherwise I can't open the right side fridge door all the way.

I'd love to get a counter depth fridge or add a panel to the side of a standard depth and replace/pull out the cabinets on top to give it more of a built-in look, but I can't figure out how to do this without running into the issue of the right door not being fully openable.

If I have to have a french door fridge pulled out like mine is now, it would look weird even with a surround. If I push it back or get a CD fridge, I wouldn't be able to open the door fully.

Am I stuck getting a 1 door top fridge/bottom freezer? Or perhaps splitting up the double cabinets and getting a counter depth with a surround on both sides? Would having a fridge in the middle with 1 cab on each side look weird?

I'm hoping there's some obvious solution I'm overlooking. An actual remodel isn't in the cards anytime soon, and other than having a wonky looking fridge that's 12 years old and dying, the kitchen works well for us. Any ideas?

Comments (19)