SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyrph

High Arc Faucets - Finishes? Grohe Bridgeford?

nancyrph
14 years ago

You guys were such great help with feedback on our granite selection, I thought I'd solicit some help with our faucet selection. (We are going with New Venetian Gold granite and Blanco Silgranit double bowl in Anthracite (unless anyone knows where to find a granite composite sink with large bowl on right...)

Our sink is in the center of the kitchen island. I really love the high arc single handle faucets such as the Kohler Vinnata, however at 17 inches, it is way too tall for the space and completely overwhelms the area. Additionally, since it's on the island, people can sit "behind" the faucet and be completely blocked!

Here is my mock up of a 17 inch version using tin foil - don't laugh, I need all the visual/spatial help I can get!

And here is the 15 inch version:

I definitely like the 14-15 inch range much better. The Grohe Bridgeford is 2-3 inches shorter and seems to make all the difference. I know Grohe makes quality faucets, and are quite pricey. I really like the stainless steel or brushed nickel look. I thought I read on this site that brushed nickel is a very difficult to live with finish, as bleach, plumbers putty, certain dish soaps, etc, can ruin its finish. Is this true? It appears the Grohe Bridgeford only comes in "infinity brushed nickel". Does anyone know what kind of finish that is?

Also, I understand you have to hold down the spray button - is that bothersome?

Or does anyone have a different faucet to recommend...

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Bridgeford in Infinity Brushed Nickel

Comments (4)