SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diybluemom

Good Affordable Paint Brand

10 years ago

I apologize in advance for my lack of paint knowledge!

After posting over in decorating, I've come to the conclusion I'm going to repaint my bar cabinets - I typically use Behr paint (I know a lot of you don't like this brand) simply because it's on the affordable end, HD is the closest store near me (we live out of town) and it hasn't really failed me when I've chosen a color from the Behr line. My problem is, I can't find any colors I like and while browsing through Dutch Boy's selection I found one I finally think will work, but the last few times I've color matched with Behr I haven't been happy with the results so I would like to avoid that, however it's been a LONG time since I've used Dutch Boy and I'm worried the product might not be good. So my question is... do any of the other big names (BM, SW, RL, etc.) have anything price wise closer to Behr or should I just give Dutch Boy a shot?

The colors are actually very similar, so it's not like I'm going from white to black or anything. I saw Sherwin-Williams is having 25% off right now so that would help a little, but with such a small project, I need to stay budget friendly. Also, low fumes are important to me so I need to stay in a line with the low odor. Any suggestions?

Comments (9)