SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesterburnham

Anybody want to speculate on this old house I may buy?

LesterBurnham
11 years ago

Hello, all. Long time reader, first time poster. I am considering purchasing an old house, so I suppose this is the place in which to discuss it. I considered posting in the buying/selling forum, but this isn't a post about the buying process. Anyway, I just want to show some pictures of the house I am considering, and wondering if any one here who has old house knowledge could provide me with further information regarding home style, approximate age, what's original, what's not, or just whatever you want.

Since I cannot post copyrighted images, and I did not take any when I saw the house, here is a link:

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/PA/City/Scranton/ListingId/19253743.html

So what do you think? What style of house is this? How old do you think it is? That porch is definitely not original. Anyone know how it would have looked? Obviously, nothing upstairs is original. That's just a 1970s nightmare. There's a stained glass transom above the front door, but it is walled off on the inside. What's up with that? I'm sure there's hardwood under the carpet. Would you be able to tell what kind just by the style of the house or it's possible build date? I wish I could just look at pictures of a house and know everything about it! Anything else anyone would like to add is great, too. If I end up buying the house, I will come back here with dozens more questions and pictures of my own!

Thank you!

Comments (4)