SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Raspberry juice on countertop...

lavender_lass
12 years ago

Here's my problem...I love to cook, but I also like to make a mess. Okay, not always, but sometimes, stuff happens, in the middle of the process.

The other day, I was making my mom's birthday cake. Chocolate cake, frosting with orange juice, vanilla and Grand Marnier (yum) and fresh raspberries on top. I didn't notice that some of the juice got under the plate, until I came back into the kitchen an hour later (dishes were already running in dishwasher and I was waiting to put these dishes, into next load). Oh, and I hate dishes piled in the sink...so they end up on the counters.

So, since I have laminate countertops...it was a piece of cake (sorry, I couldn't resist!) to clean up the mess. But, it made me wonder, what other countertops would be so forgiving? Probably not marble...not sure about wood. Maybe black granite or soapstone? Or is formica the only 'safe' choice?

Disclaimer- As many of you know, we live on a farm and 'stuff happens' all the time...so I can't always put everything on hold, to make sure the countertops are okay. That being said, I'm still hoping to put a little marble is a 'raspberry free' zone! :)

Comments (18)