SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

I love my new floors!

gwanny2three
16 years ago

We finally got them refinished. We moved to our son's for the last 5 days while our neighbor did them. We took our carpet up a year ago and the floors were so ugly! Really a mess....we thought. One day DH was talking to the neighbor who we really didn't know at the time too well. They are the ones with the kids and the ball constantly coming over in our yard. Well he owns his own flooring company and said he would do them for free because of the things we have had to put up with from his kids. He has stopped them from playing ball in their yard also because they broke one of his windows and our bathroom window. So it's been quiet over there since then! Anyway he finally got some free tiome to do our floors for us. I can't believe that such UGLY wood can look so pretty again! We have literally moved out and in again inside of a week. He even put up new baseboards for us....ours was really old, the skinny ones. We just have to pay him for his materials....a bargain!

The varnish smell is overpowering but getting better...we have to keep our windows open and it is so cold and windy here!

Here's the color we got.....I love it! It's so shiny!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (30)