SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy3_gw

thread of many thanks

stacy3
14 years ago

well....I owe thanks to so many of you...here goes.

Thanks to craftyrn for the recommendation of pippin apples. My friend and I had an apple bake off and the pippins were EXCELLENT! I made a pie and a tart and she brought a delicious apple crisp.

Thanks to Nancy for posting that wonderful vodka pie crust recipe. It's so flaky.

Thanks to Ann for the actual apple pie filling recipe - YUM!!! And also for your Apple tart with cream cheese filling recipe - it's always a hit. The pastry is wonderful too.

Thanks to so many of you who unknowingly talked me into buying an ice cream maker. Whenever I serve homemade ice cream, people are amazed and gobble it up.

Thanks to Annie, for your wonderful habanero gold recipe. I made a double batch and am hoping to find more habaneros today to make another double this weekend. A jar or two will be sent to my nephew in Iraq. I served it also at the apple bake off and everyone loved it!

Thanks to Sharon for your dills and tomatoes - I have both canned - and am ready to try some pickles!

Thanks to carmengrower for the suggestion about freezing corn right in the husks. We grilled some last night and it was delicious!

Thanks to caliloo for the delicious pickled asparagus - wow, is that ever goood!

And thanks to everyone else who answers my many questions. Obviously, I don't know what I'd do without you all...:-)

Stacy

Comments (15)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm