SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktmast

Freeze dried fruit ** Help **

Katy
14 years ago

Costco.com had freeze dried fruits and veggies on sale. I was curious so I bought one order of each (each contains 6 different fruits or veggies). I totally loved the fruits and the freeze dried corn. The freeze dried corn is really yummy eaten straight from the container. My daughter likes to rehydrate it with milk. So I did a bit of internet shopping and found that nutsonline.com had better prices.

The freeze dried strawberries and blue berries were significantly cheaper in large quantities. So I got 2 lbs. of each. 2 lbs. of freeze dried strawberries is a lot. Well, they came in big bags and I know from buying smaller quantities (from Trader Joes) that in order to keep them fresh, you have to keep the moisture out.

So now I'm wondering what the best way is to store these fruits. I was thinking I might have to get a foodsaver vacuum system and canisters. Does anyone have any experience storing the freeze dried fruits?

Thanks,

Katy

p.s. If you are thinking of ordering from Nutsonline they have a refer a friend program. You can send me your email, I will go to their site and submit your email and they will send you a 10% off coupon.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County