SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

ever hurt yourself in the kitchen?

vacuumfreak
16 years ago

I think it would be fun to start a thread about kitchen injuries. What was my inspiration? Tonight I BRANDED MYSELF. I was making some of Terri's honey wheat rolls. I cleaned the kitchen and hooked up my portable dishwasher. Turned on the dial (but once AGAIN forgot to turn on the hot water faucet, third time now!) The last batch of rolls finished about 5 minutes after I hooked up the dishwasher. I moved the dishwasher a little so I could just get the oven door open enough to remove the cookie sheet. Perfect, I didn't spill any rolls and they were browned to perfection. I turned around to move the dishwasher back and then felt a pain on my back side. I screamed a word that I'd better not type on the forum! Apparently, I left the cookie sheet hanging over the edge of the range top just enough that it could "get" me. That it did as I backed up into it right after it came out of the oven.

I have a nice horizontal line across my behind now and it really does hurt to sit! I had only a t-shirt on because I was going to get into the shower as soon as the rolls finished. I put some aloe on the burn and can only hope it doesn't blister. I've also cut myself with knives and broken glass before. Burned myself with everything imaginable. Never been shocked (yet) or anything like that. So, have YOU ever hurt yourself in the kitchen? Was it serious or funny? What made you do it... what do you blame it on? Thanks!

BTW, you'll have to forgive me for not posting a picture! Maybe this is what they meant by hot cross buns!

Comments (37)