SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

my pantry is finally finished (but still empty)!!!!!

arlosmom
13 years ago

I think I'm more excited about the pantry than I was about the kitchen. It's been almost three years since we finished the kitchen. I love my kitchen, and it's a joy to cook in. We didn't have our contractors finish the pantry at the time because we were mulling over finishing details and just kind of hit a wall. We put in temporary shelving to make the pantry space usable in the meantime. It was fine. It functioned. Here is the pantry space before:

Fast forward to now. Over the past month, our carpenter has been working on the pantry, trimming out the window and door and installing baseboards and shelving. Yesterday he finished it. YAY!!! It's hard to photograph because it's a small space, but here goes. It is 5' by 5' with a 1' by 2 1/2' vertical soffit boxed out of the back corner for HVAC ducting (not in the original plans, but our architect screwed up). The back shelves are 12" deep. The can shelves are 4 1/2" deep. The toaster oven will live on the shelf with the electrical outlet. I keep vases, table linens, plastic grocery bags and a couple of small appliances in the walnut cabinet. My folding step stool fits in the space just to the right of the walnut cabinet.

He painted all of the shelving before installing it, so it has had about a week to cure already. I'm chomping at the bit to load up the shelves, but I don't want to mess up the paint. Anybody know how long I need to wait?

Comments (35)