SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Main sink placement across from range?

10 years ago

I like having a sink across from the range and that seems to be what we're ending up with. I'm doing a 5 ft aisle to accommodate two butts. (I came up with this number based on the width of my current galley.) The sink will be in an island, but it's still pretty much a galley. It'll be open to a family room and informal eating area.

Functionally, it should be okay to have the sink across from the range. Should I line them up exactly? Does it matter if they're off a little? Should they be offset completely?Should the sink be centered on the island? As far as that goes, should the range be centered on its run?

And would you put dishes to the left or right of the range? This impacts where the DW goes...

This is actually to scale.

The oven stack will house a 24" speed oven and a microwave to supplement the range oven with a small prep sink between range and oven. The tall cabinetry on the fridge wall is wrapping a chimney. There would be wall cabinets on the range side. The hood will not be a showpiece so hopefully the range needn't be centered. A lower counter is between the fridge and chimney for baking/short people work area.

I'm not sure. How bad is it? Thanks!

Comments (11)