SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

How long will Thomas last?

igloochic
13 years ago

Ok moms....I just moved my son into grandmas room and I'm getting ready to do my sons room which is currently aubergine with a floral border (barf even for a grown up). He's a Thomas nut....not a little but a total train, including Thomas as the star...NUT!

Heres my question, and when you answer please keep in mind that I like over the top kids room even if they only last a couple of years so don't caution my on the work :). I enjoy it. But anyhow....at what age did Thomas go by the wayside for your kids?

I'm asking because I have two 10x13 murals which should do two walls (because they have windows in them) but I haven't decided how far to go on the other two. I have a Thomas throw and will probably skip the Thomas bedding because it does not come in a queen size. I'm considering painting large character faces on the other two walls but I'm not sure if I want to figure that out if I'm only going to get a year out of the room then move onto something else...his room is about 18x20 with a full on suite bath. I'm thinking of doing the bathroom in an Alaska train theme verses Thomas because I think that theme might last longer?

What's your experience?

Comments (19)