SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommabird_gw

So many tops - so few pants WHY?

mommabird
11 years ago

It occurred to me last week: I have about five pairs of pants/jeans. It's is ah hard to find ones that fit and look good that I don't shop for pants until I have to. Tops, on the other hand, are easy. I can look at one on the hangar and tell if it will fit. Which leads to closet clutter! I must have had 100 tops on hangars. Most are solid colors, sometimes 5 or 6 in different shades of the same color.

I decided to fill up one trash bag to donate nth at went very quickly. Now I'm doing a second pass, which is taking longer. My goal is another full bag my Friday.

My larger goal is to never get into this situation again. I won't fall into the trap of buying tops just because its easy.

Now lets talk about shoes. I wear a women's 11. When I was young that was a very hard size to find so I developed the attitude of "here's an 11, I'd better buy it since its so hard to find!" 11 is very common now but I still seem to have that "attitude of lack." I am also filling up a trash bag of shoes to donate so some other size 11 woman can get the thrill of finding her size. My goal - only buy shoes I need, no matter how often I find my size.

Comments (6)